Solomon Kane got picked up by Lionsgate for the US!

Lionsgate did pick up Solomon Kane for a US release, according to Fangoria. There is no release date, not even a vague one as the plans Lionsgate has with the movie are not yet totally clear. It remains to be seen, they continue, of Solomon Kane will get a cinema release, before going to DVD.

I really hope that Solomon Kane gets a wide US release, with all the advertising shabang the movie deserves. It would break my heart to see this pearl go direct-to-dvd just because the distributors are afraid of anything coming out of the independent market.

UPDATE

The director Michael J. Bassett has posted on his twitter, that the rumour about Lionsgate is not true. This is sad news, let’s hope someone picks up SK for real soon.

46 Responses to “Solomon Kane got picked up by Lionsgate for the US!”

1. I absolutely concur. Having seen “Solomon Kane” at the Austin Fantastic Fest, I can tell you this is a quality film that deserves a fair chance with a wide theatrical distribution. We can only hope that the execs at Lionsgate are thinking the same thing.

2. Bake says:

It will happen. Theses day we need a good / bad guy.

Howard would be pleased.

3. senselocke says:

Just saw the trailer for this film on movies.yahoo.com, I am sorely disappointed that it’s not been released, it looks fantastic. And what with all the metaphysical movies released of late, I cannot understand why it’s not in theaters already. Hell, Uwe Boll films get released in theaters, and by all accounts this is far superior.

So, should and movie companies be looking, you have a whole house of roommates (8 of us) that want this movie in theaters, like, yesterday, and every person we’ve shown the trailer to asks why they haven’t heard of it.

To arms!

4. Chris Lay says:

I’ve been a Solomon Kane fan since first laying my hands on one of three hard to come-by paperback volumes back in the sixties. I too have seen the trailers and although I am disappointed at the deviations and outright latitude taken with the character himself (never read this plot in any of Howard’s original work) I must confess that seeing my long time childhood hero (right alongside the Lancer Paperback Conan) finally brought to the big screen to be an eagerly anticipated treat. My fear is not so much whether it gets picked up for viewing but rather whether or not I’ll be able to acquire it finally on DVD. There is a positively superb Viggo Mortensen film, Spanish, subtitled called “El Capitan” which is vanishing the way of the Dodo, never to be released here in the grand old USA which would rather see guns blazing and things exploding instead of heroes who face villians face to face, sword to sword with no fear of death should they fail but doing the right thing anyway. Oh well, enough pontificating. Here’s hoping both films see the light of day glinting off of good steel.

5. Ben Reynolds says:

This was the movie I was most looking forward to seeing, but because I just happen to live in the US, I guess I don’t get to see it. The makers obviously don’t care about it anyway. I hope someone puts it up on youtube so I can watch it there; just like where I watched “Sharpe’s Peril,” which was another show I was once willing to pay money to see. I sincerely hope it comes out on DVD (in any country) before it’s released here. Lionsgate should get none of my money for being lazy and dragging their feet on a movie that looks this good. I’d rather give my money to a company that cares about this movie.

6. Is there a Myspace site for this site? I would love to keep track with new posts

7. Ecu says:

I hope Solomon Kane comes to theaters soon in Atlanta I have been waiting to see it ever since i saw it on the internet a few months ago

8. Janae says:

Your website background is way too dark for the font. Didn’t read anything, surfed away.

9. Thomas R. Skidmore says:

As a long-time fan of Robert E. Howard’s work, I feel it is important for the Solomon Kane film to hit the US shores after all this time of waiting. Of all the heroes that Howard brought to life, no doubt Solomon Kane is my personal favorite. His dour, grim “take no prisoners” approach appeals to me quite vividly.
    So I say, “Let’s get Kane to our screens NOW!!” I’m sure Solomon Kane, as well as Howard himself, would appreciate it greatly.

10. Ian Wood says:

It is a shame that the rumor of Lionsgate picking it up is not true. From what I seen of this film it seems that we have a gem here. As someone who has read the original stories I know that I am looking forward to this.

11. Ian says:

Such a good movie.I hope there will be more

12. Thomas Estes says:

$40,000,000 is a little more budget than and indi film usually gets. But still this movie looks good. Sadly the weird release dates mean piracy is going to be an issue.

I hope it gets released in the U.S.

13. Daniel says:

I just heard about this movie on the internet a few days ago. According to Fandango, it had a release date back in February, but I never heard about it. Does anyone know if it has been released anywhere here in the US? I live in the Huntsville, AL area and would definitely see this film if it came out anywhere in my area.

14. Georgia says:

No US release announced for Solomon Kane on DVD, those darn rainbow huggers. I’ve seen this movie a dozen times on Blu-Ray and have to say it’s one of a kind, I can’t get enough of it.

I wonder if this’ll get lost like “Hurricane Season” with Forrest Whittaker did. Took 2 years to get released on DVD.

15. Mike says:

Why in the hell has Solomon Kane not been released in the United states it looks like a really good movie from the previews if if is not released to the theatres by now the DVD copies should be realeased at least I have found The DVD and Bluray disc for The UK already being sold but they are not being sold in the US what is up with that man I really really want to watch this movie and buy the DVD if I can. So when the heck are they going to realease it for REAL. Please let me know where I can get it for the US Format DVD Since It is probably not going to go to theatres here.

16. Brenda says:

I have been waiting….waiting ….waiting for this comon……pick it cgi it up and release it with some of the real crap in the theaters this year this is a freaking gem do it what’s the problem too easy?….Great story….actors….I have watched the previews over and over on youtube….been well received in other countries and we are here in the US waiting for something to sink our teeth into and the end of 2010 and we get Tron Ugh!!! honestly….for real……Deathly Hallows…..Boring…..nothing!!!!
    DO IT ALREADY!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!

17. Keith says:

Picked up a copy from England and changed the zone on my Mac to read the DVD. Thank You Technology.

18. Joshua says:

I’ve seen the previews on imdb.com & naturally thought I’d get to see it here in theaters & then on dvd but no! Is it that the USA Studio big shots don’t wanna see an independent actually bet there big budget films? Either way their not to smart for having not released this in US Theaters……

19. Zara says:

I too have been looking forward to this movie coming to theaters and dvd in the US. I am a fan of James Purefoy, which is how this movie got my attention! Luckily I’ve been able to watch the trailers on YouTube as well as the actual movie site. Come on movie studios – would one of you please have the ‘smarts’ to release this movie in the US!

I agree with the comments that ‘Brenda’ made in December. We’ve had a lot of ‘nothing’ movies released here in the past year. It’s time someone stepped up to the plate OR ……are a bunch of us going to have to go together and buy our own studio to release this type of film? Seems to me there is a huge audience out there wanting to see this type of flick.

Hey Keith, thanks for the tip on changing the zone in order to watch the dvd. Looks like I have no choice but to try that in order to watch Solomon Kane.

20. Axel says:

It is a WTF moment. The trailer looks great and they already finished the movie.
    People did the same thing with The Outlander. Some Dumas in Hollywood doesm’t know how to market a movie because they do not understand it and then all the idjits think it best to shelf it as a tax right off. Then they make stupid remakes of bad or even great movies.
    What is next, a retelling of Conan where Conan isn’t a Northern European type? Oh, that’s right. They did change Conan’s race for a new movie.

21. Admin2admin says:

Hey man , I am visiting your blog and i see we have pretty similar blog, even our theme is the same. But i get way more traffic, and i think you should do same thing as i did. You need pluggin to auto convert traffic. It will boost your stats and belive me, you will get money with your blog in no time. Serious money. Here is link, try and you will see instant results! Here is link: http://bit.ly/trafficplug

22. Dee says:

I live in Canada and was very excited about seeing this movie as I’m a huge fan of James Purefoy. Sadly, it was not meant to be. Not only has the movie not been released here, but there is no DVD release date here either!

I have a friend in England who was kind enough to send me the DVD from there, but of course, as it’s a different region I can’t play it on my DVD player. I can however watch it on my computer, and it plays perfectly. I would love to have seen Solomon Kane on the big screen, but at least I DID get to see it on the small screen, if only on my computer.

So, my advice to anyone in Canada and the U.S. who wants see this incredible movie, buy the DVD from amazon in the U.K. and watch it on your computer, or have the DVD formatted to run on your DVD player, because unless anything changes soon this will be the only way you’ll get to see the movie. It’s a real shame.

23. www says:

very nice webpage!

24. Adonian says:

The DVD is available on fleabay, I got mine last week, I was very disappointed that this movie was not released in theater’s here in the US, I swear I saw the trailer in the theaters here, but maybe it was on imdb.
    Anyway, F the US movie makers, they pay the actor’s too damn much and that make’s them greedy.
    GREAT MOVIE, get in on Fleabay.

25. paleo diet says:

food list…

[…]Solomon Kane got picked up by Lionsgate for the US! | Solomon Kane[…]…

26. yahoo is so neat, when i am bored i just surf the web and see what i can find to entertain me. good job

27. click here says:

excellent issues altogether, you simply received a emblem new reader. What may you suggest about your put up that you made some days ago? Any positive? click here http://www.slideshare.net/RigelT48/get-f-ck-bye-bye-google-17-powerful-strategies-to-get-instant-traffic-without-16976170

28. I enjoy, cause I found exactly what I was taking a look for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

29. Roblox hack says:

I used to be able to find good advice from your blog posts.

my page Roblox hack

30. Might be mostly close to impossible to see well-aware women and men on this content, fortunately you seem like you fully grasp what exactly you’re raving about! Regards
    Thomas A. Beard http://www.smokeymountaincenterfortheperformingarts.com

31. Remarkable! Itss inn fact amazing piece of writing,
    I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this piece
    of writing.

32. Was Initially scanning out there . I really like your concepts. Do blog considerably more of this concern ok. Thanks for your time

33. Some mixture of both approaches may yield the best possible results.
    It should require effort to succeed in the goal (or else why
    set one at all. About foods for fitness buffs, you
    cannot argue with Dave’s perspective.

34. Metal Wall Art says:

I¡¦ll immediately clutch your rss as I can not to find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please permit me realize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

35. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I will learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

36. Train travel says:

You actually make it seem really easy with your presentation however I find this matter to be really one thing which I believe I would by no means understand. It seems too complicated and extremely large for me. I am taking a look ahead to your next put up, I¡¦ll try to get the cling of it!

37. A motivating discssion is definitely worth comment. There’s no douubt that that you should publish more on this issue, it
    may not bbe a taboo subject but generally people don’t discuss these subjects.
    To thee next! Cheers!!

38. Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text
    in your article seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.
    I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but
    I figured I’d post to let you know. The layout look great though!
    Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Kudos

Visit my web page :: phytoceramides in foods

39. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as
    I provide credit and sources back to your site? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would truly benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks a lot!

my web blog; website for gay people

40. Jarrod says:

It is really up to each person and the hours they decide they want to work.
    If there are dips and crudités, do not dip vegetables right into the bowl:
    use the spoon to bring the dip to your cocktail plate. In most
    cases building and starting a business means taking many risks, which is exactly why many people don’t
    go into business.

My website – armadiodisole.pl (Jarrod)

41. Skye says:

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll
    just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing.
    Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

my weblog :: news sources (Skye)

42. Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board
    and I in finding It truly useful & it helped
    me out a lot. I hope to offer something again and help others like you helped me.

my blog; เครื่องเชื่อม

43. SEO Services Company Miami

Solomon Kane got picked up by Lionsgate for the US! | Solomon Kane

44. Sandra says:

I’ll right away take hold of your rss as I
    can’t in finding your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter
    service. Do you’ve any? Please permit me realize in order that I may

45. vimeo says:

You will now find a variety of helpful suggestions and tips,
    in order to make your hair grow faster, and better. The common grownup really should ingest about 20mg of zinc oxide on a
    daily basis. Though the disease could be genetic, there are still other reasons
    for hair loss that must not be ruled out. No
    special treatment is necessary as Telogen Effluvium is temporary.

46. Rotational molding containers